Metacoda has the answers…
Over the last few months we’ve noticed an increase in questions in the SAS community that can be easily answered by Metacoda software. Questions such as…
- who has access to a SAS metadata object/server/folder etc?
- how do I create SAS metadata reports showing access, role and capability, logins?
- can I compare differences between SAS environments/versions or platforms (and prevent a restore from backup with potential loss of data assets)?
- is there a no-code solution to sync AD identities into SAS 9 platform?
- what’s the easiest way to query SAS metadata?
Here are some examples of specific SAS User Group for Administrators (SUGA) questions:
- Access/Permission SASApp – Control access to particular SASApp based on group membership in SAS metadata
- SAS Access Control Templates – report on all ACTs, each group and show the permissions for grant and deny
- SAS Portal – how to get a list of all groups for which a person is a SAS Portal Content Admin
- User Capabilities – who has a capability
- Application server authorization – identifying what changes were made to an environment
- SAS VA Server on Windows, AD group question – how to do AD integration and synchronization
- SAS Management Console (SMC) – Command Line Interface – writing a script to reduce the clicks
These days there seems to be increasing pressure on SAS administrators to provide reports ASAP (or even ‘yesterday’!). Fortunately, Metacoda plug-ins are here to help by making these tasks as quick and easy as possible.
- Metacoda Metadata Explorer (free) – do multiple searches with multiple trains of thought
- Metacoda Workspace Inspector Plug-in (free) – quickly inspect SAS Workspace Server execution environments from within the SAS Management Console – submit small code fragments, review the SAS log, and view assigned libraries and tables
- Metacoda Identity Sync Plug-in – import, check and synchronize identity-related SAS metadata with enterprise directories (without needing to edit SAS code!)
- Metacoda Metadata Testing Framework – follow the golden rules of SAS security model design through validation and monitoring
- Metacoda Permissions Tracer Plug-in – quickly and easily work out why someone has access (or doesn’t have access)
- And plenty more…
What about you? Do you have a favourite Metacoda tool you rely on? We’d love you to share your experiences in the comments.
SAS 9 Reminder: As SAS 9 administrators, we all need to be confident and familiar with the SAS 9 authorization permissions, particularly as data access regulations continue to strengthen. If you haven’t done so already – or as a refresher – it’s worth reading David Stern’s article Which SAS 9 Permission Wins.
Want to be confident about who has access to what in your SAS 9 environment? Register for our Metacoda Security Plug-ins 30-day free evaluation today.