Metacoda Pty Ltd ACN 127 389 262 (Company, We, Our, Us, Metacoda and other similar terms) is committed to protecting the Personal Information We collect from Our customers (Customer, You, Your and other similar terms). However, We are not required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the Australian Privacy Principles (Law).
This Privacy Statement applies to all Personal Information collected by Us regardless of its source. While not purporting to be a statement of compliance with the Law, this statement sets out how We will manage Personal Information collected from You.
1. Privacy Statement
1.1 Defined terms
In this Privacy Statement:
Partner means an entity which Metacoda has entered into a separate contract to provide referrals to Us for organisations that may be interested in using Our software.
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Related Party means an entity which is a subsidiary of, or is otherwise controlled by the same owners as Metacoda.
1.2 How to contact Us about privacy
Privacy is very important to Us. For that reason, please read this document carefully and contact Us using the details below if You have any questions:
Metacoda Pty Ltd ACN 127 389 262
Level 8 149 Wickham Terrace
SPRING HILL QLD 4000
Telephone: +61 7 3103 0964
- We may collect Personal Information if You provide it to Us, or we are provided with it by any of our Partners or Related Parties. To the extent possible, We will collect Personal Information by only lawful and fair means. We endeavour to only collect Personal Information about You from You directly, if it is reasonable and practical to do so.
- We collect information that is reasonably necessary for Us to provide you with our products and services, including when You:
- register with Us to create an account;
- use certain Metacoda products or services;
- register to attend a seminar or participate in an online survey;
- ask to be included in an email or other mailing list, or other product promotions;
- submit personal information to Us for any other reason.
1.4 Cookies and tracking technology
- Opting out of cookies – If You prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our Site, You can set Your browser to warn You before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when Your browser alerts You to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in Your browser, although You may not be able to take full advantage of Metacoda’s website facilities if You do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of our website, although access to some of Metacoda’s web pages require a login and password.
- We automatically receive and record information on Our server logs from Your browser, including Your IP address and cookie information. No Personal Information about You is linked to the cookie.
- We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information in order to provide You with the best service possible. Generally, You are only obliged to provide the information necessary for Us to provide You with Our goods, services or both.
- We take reasonable steps to protect the security of Personal Information. We customarily disclose, (and receive) Personal Information to Our service providers and Partners who assist in servicing Our Customers. Your Personal Information will not be disclosed to any other third party, unless such disclosure is:
- necessary as part of Our dealings with You; and
- permitted by law.
1.6 Direct marketing
If We use Your Personal Information to provide promotional and marketing information, We will provide You with the option to opt out of this service. You may also advise Us directly using the contact details above.
1.7 Data quality
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information We collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information We hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Further, We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed.
1.9 Access and correction
Where practicable, We allow You to get access to, and correct, the Personal Information We hold about You. You can obtain such access, and update Your Personal Information by contacting Us on the details set out above. We will endeavour to respond to Your request within a reasonable time.
1.10 Transfer out of Australia
Our website is hosted in Australia and no Personal Information is sent overseas. Our Partners and Related Parties may collect Personal Information from You and provide it to Us in order to provide you with services.
2.0 Complaints procedure
If You have a complaint or concern regarding this Privacy Statement You may contact Us via the details set out above. We aim to process complaints within a reasonable time after receipt. If unsatisfied with Our response, You may refer the matter to the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner.