Metacoda Pty Ltd ACN 127 389 262 (Company, We, Our, Us, Metacoda and other similar terms) is committed to protecting the Personal Information We collect from Our customers (Customer, You, Your and other similar terms). However, We are not required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the Australian Privacy Principles (Law).
This Privacy Statement applies to all Personal Information collected by Us regardless of its source. While not purporting to be a statement of compliance with the Law, this statement sets out how We will manage Personal Information collected from You.
1. Privacy Statement
1.1 Defined terms
In this Privacy Statement:
Data Protection Officer means the Metacoda staff member committed to ensuring Personal Information is secure and accurate.
Partner means an entity which Metacoda has entered into a separate contract to provide referrals to Us for organisations that may be interested in using Our software.
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Related Party means an entity which is a subsidiary of, or is otherwise controlled by the same owners as Metacoda.
1.2 How to contact Us about privacy
Privacy is very important to Us. For that reason, please read this document carefully and contact Our Data Protection Officer using the details below if You have any questions:
Metacoda Pty Ltd ACN 127 389 262
Level 8 149 Wickham Terrace
SPRING HILL QLD 4000
Telephone: +61 7 3103 0964
- We may collect Personal Information if You provide it to Us, or We are provided with it by any of our Partners or Related Parties. We will collect Personal Information only by lawful and fair means. We endeavour to only collect Personal Information about You from You directly, if it is reasonable and practical to do so.
- We collect information that is reasonably necessary for Us to provide You with our products and services, including when You:
- register with Us to create an account;
- use certain Metacoda products or services;
- register to attend a seminar or participate in an online survey;
- ask to be included in an email or other mailing list, or other product promotions;
- submit personal information to Us for any other reason.
- The categories of data we collect about our customers are:
- contact details;
- billing details;
- license details;
- details of the organisation or company You work for; and
- consent to receive information about Our products and services.
- We seek Your consent to use Your Personal Information on all the direct collection facilities we deploy.
- You have a right to withdraw Your consent at any time and may do so by contacting Us via the details provided above.
1.5 Cookies and tracking technology
- Opting out of cookies – If You prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our Site, You can set Your browser to warn You before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when Your browser alerts You to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in Your browser, although You may not be able to take full advantage of Metacoda’s website facilities if You do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of our website, although access to some of Metacoda’s web pages require a login and password.
- We automatically receive and record information on Our server logs from Your browser, including Your IP address and cookie information. No Personal Information about You is linked to the cookie.
1.6 Purpose of collection and processing
- We collect, hold, process and disclose Personal Information in order to provide You with the best service possible. Generally, You are only obliged to provide the information necessary for Us to provide You with Our goods, services or both.
- We take reasonable steps to protect the security of Personal Information. We customarily disclose, (and receive) Personal Information to Our service providers and Partners who assist in servicing Our Customers. Your Personal Information will not be disclosed to or processed by any other third party, unless it is:
- necessary as part of Our dealings with You; and
- permitted by law.
1.7 Direct marketing
If We use Your Personal Information to provide promotional and marketing information, We will provide You with the option to opt out of this service. You may also advise Us directly using the contact details above.
1.8 Data quality
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information We collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information We hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Further, We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed.
1.10 Data destruction
- We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed.
- Our databases are reviewed regularly and We will delete or de-identify Your Personal Information, after a reasonable period, if:
- We have not had any contact with You;
- You no longer hold a software license; and
- You have not accessed our systems.
- We envisage if You meet these criteria Your Personal Information will be deleted or de-identified within ten (10) years.
1.11 Access, correction and erasure
- You have a right to obtain access to, correct information and, except for in certain circumstances, have Your data erased.
- Where practicable, We allow You to get access to, and correct, the Personal Information We hold about You.
- You can obtain such access to, update or request erasure of Your Personal Information by contacting Us on the details set out above. We will endeavour to respond to Your request within a reasonable time and will notify You when Your request has been actioned.
1.12 Transfer out of Australia
Our website is hosted in Australia and no Personal Information is sent overseas. Our Partners and Related Parties may collect Personal Information from You and provide it to Us in order to provide You with services.
1.13 Transfer out of the European Union
- All of the information We collect from citizens and residents in the European Union (EU) is transferred out of the EU.
- Residents and citizens of the EU have rights which are protected in Australia by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which is administered by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC is contactable via their website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
- Your personal information may also be held offshore by third party providers of cloud based services that assist Us to manage promotional material, email, office administration, helpdesk and accounting services. Metacoda relies solely on reputable service provides for these services.
While your Privacy is very important to Us, nothing in this privacy statement constitutes a voluntary opt in to any privacy law’s, anywhere in the world, which we are not statutorily bound to comply with.
2.0 Complaints and objections procedure
- You have a right to obtain information from Us and object to the processing of Your Personal Information.
- You may contact Us via the details set out above if You:
- have a complaint or concern regarding this Privacy Statement;
- need any assistance understanding Your rights to privacy; or
- have an objection to Us processing Your Personal Information.
- We aim to provide assistance, process complaints and deal with objections within a reasonable time after receipt and will advise You when Your request has been actioned.
- If unsatisfied with Our response, You may refer the matter to the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner or Your local supervisory authority.
Last updated: 22 May 2018