We’ve just released an update to our Metacoda Plug-ins software (3.0 R2) which includes support for use with SAS® Software version 9.3 M2. One of the new features SAS Institute have added to SAS 9.3 M2 are metadata bound libraries and tables for enhanced data security. This include some new metadata model types (SecuredLibrary and SecuredTable) and so our 3.0 release has been updated in R2 to provide access to these new metadata types. We would encourage all existing users of Metacoda Plug-ins 3.0 to upgrade to R2. This latest release can be downloaded by logging in from our support page.
If you are interested in experiencing, in your own SAS® environment, the productivity savings Metacoda Plug-ins can provide in managing your SAS metadata security, feel free to request an evaluation.
Some of the most significant new features available in our Metacoda Plug-ins 3.0 release and continued with R2 include:
- New Identity Permissions Explorer to easily and efficiently see what level of access an individual has across multiple objects in your SAS metadata repository: libraries, tables, cubes, folders, information maps, reports, stored processes etc.
- New Object Permissions Explorer to browse or search for an object and then see the effective permissions on it for multiple users and groups.
- New Access Level Badges and Labels to present a simplified summary of effective permissions for an identity on an object. Access Level Badges and Labels can be sorted so you can readily see who has the highest/lowest level of access on an object, or which objects an individual has the highest/lowest level of access to.
- Enhanced User, Group, and Login Reviewers, including a new password indicator column allowing an administrator to easily see which logins have passwords stored in metadata (without actually seeing the password).
- New Metadata Explorer for administrators and metadata programmers to readily search for metadata objects and then browse the object’s attributes and any of its associated objects. Simple searches can be done very easily, and advanced searches are available when necessary.
- The new Metadata Explorer, together with the existing ACT Reviewer, are now available at no cost to registered users.
For a more in-depth discussion, Metacoda’s Paul Homes has previously blogged about some of these new features in a few of his PlatformAdmin.com blog posts:
- Metacoda’s Metadata Explorer Plug-in
- Sneak Peek at our new Effective Permissions Explorers
- Login Reviewer: Finding Accounts with Stored Passwords
If you’d like to find out more about Metacoda Plug-ins please contact us. You can also register to download the free plug-ins and even get a one month evaluation license to try out the rest of the plug-ins with your own SAS metadata.