The Protected Object Reviewer is included in our Metacoda Security Plug-ins software. It is used to easily and efficiently review all objects in your SAS metadata that have access control directly applied to them, including both Access Control Templates (ACTs) and Access Control Entries (ACEs or explicit permissions).
FEATURESKey features in the Protected Object Reviewer include:
- Objects table: displays a list of all objects present in metadata that have been specifically protected through the application of ACTs and/or ACEs. Various columns provide details and indicators relating to object folder paths, access controls and permission conditions. The table can be customized by hiding or showing columns, re-ordering or re-sizing columns, and sorting rows by any of the available columns.
- Search facility: use the filter bar to quickly find a specific protected object.
- ACT protections tab: shows any Access Control Templates (ACTs) that have been directly applied to the selected object.
- ACE protections tab: shows any explicit permissions, or Access Control Entries (ACEs), that have been directly applied to the selected object.
- HTML export: all of the information available in the Protected Object Reviewer can be easily exported in HTML format for documentation, audit and troubleshooting purposes.
- Security Test XML export: export test specifications in Metacoda Security Test XML format for use in the Testing Framework. Regular testing can be scheduled to automatically detect deviations from this baseline and trigger email alerts.
APPLICATIONSSAS Platform Administrators will find the Protected Object Reviewer useful to:
- Maintain security by finding out which objects have been specifically protected with ACEs and ACTs; allowing existing access controls to be reviewed and then modified, removed or replaced with ACTs as appropriate.
- Identify which Visual Analytics LASR tables have had row-level security permission conditions (conditional grants) applied in metadata.
- Identify which SAS OLAP cube dimensions have had OLAP member-level security permission conditions applied in metadata.
- Easily document the protected objects within a metadata security plan. Then regularly verify the current implementation against that plan, identifying any changes or concerns.
LICENSING & EVALUATION
The Protected Object Reviewer is available in our Metacoda Security Plug-ins Basic and Enterprise level packages. We offer three license package levels: Starter, Basic and Enterprise. Read our licensing page to find out which package is best for you.
Register today to:
- start using our free Metacoda Utility Plug-ins
- start using our free Metacoda Custom Tasks
- request a free 30 day evaluation license to trial our commercial software, Metacoda Security Plug-ins.
If you have any questions, please contact us.