The Identity Sync plug-in allows you to bulk load identities into the SAS metadata repository from enterprise directories such as Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) while easily handling user and group selections and resolving any issues with clashing names and deleted identities.
FEATURESKey features in the Identity Sync plug-in include:
- Import users and groups without writing SAS code: no need to modify the SAS sample code or use the %MDU macros. Users and groups can be easily imported from Active Directory from within SAS Management Console using the point and click interface.
- Easily synchronize identities: point to the relevant enterprise directory and SAS metadata repository and run extraction routines to create the required canonical tables either interactively or in batch.
- Preview relevant metadata: view all defined user groups, individual users, group memberships, login details, user contact information and locations, domains and exceptions. Assisted by informative icons and tooltips.
- Create comparison and verification reports: easily set a list of exceptions before comparing master and target libraries. You can then safely run the validation and error reports and access them via the plug-in.
- Support large directories: easily work with large and complex Active Directory installations that have thousands of users, deeply nested groups, groups with more than 1500 members, and users and groups in multiple domains.
- XML export: extract a copy of the SAS identities, as specified by the standard %MDU macros, to an XML file, which can then be used as an identity source for synchronization with another SAS version or environment.
- Code hooks for flexibility: if you have unique requirements they can be handled through small code hooks that focus only on the unique requirement without having to worry about how to fit it into extracting identities from the directory.
APPLICATIONSSAS Platform Administrators will find the Identity Sync plug-in useful to:
- Bulk load users into the SAS metadata repository, assign their permissions and allocate them to groups; then regularly synchronize these identities against an enterprise directory.
- Maintain SAS metadata, easily view each object aided by explanatory icons and tooltips, then check and verify which attributes have been set to see if they’ve been changed.
- Run validation and error reports, setting exceptions where appropriate; then access these reports and make any required changes directly without needing to write SAS code.
LICENSING & EVALUATION
The Identity Sync plug-in is available in our Metacoda Security Plug-ins Starter, Premium and Enterprise level license packages. We offer three license package levels: Starter, Premium and Enterprise. Read our licensing page to find out which package is best for you.
Register today to:
- start using our free Metacoda Utility Plug-ins
- start using our free Metacoda Custom Tasks
- request a free 30 day evaluation license to trial our commercial software, Metacoda Security Plug-ins.
If you have any questions, please contact us.