The ACT Reviewer is included in our Metacoda Security Plug-ins software. It is used to easily review all of the Access Control Templates in your metadata to find out how they’ve been defined, where they have been applied, and how they may have been protected.
FEATURESKey features in the ACT Reviewer include:
- ACTs table: displays a list of all ACTs present in metadata together with summary information and indicators for those ACTs. The table can be customized by hiding or showing columns, re-ordering or re-sizing columns, and sorting rows by any of the available columns. The filter bar allows you to quickly find a specific ACT of interest.
- Permissions tab: provides a definition view for the selected ACT: the group and/or user identities and the various permissions that are granted or denied.
- Objects tab: displays a list of all of the objects that have been protected through the direct application of the selected ACT.
- ACT protections tab: shows any ACTs that have been directly applied to the selected ACT in order to protect it.
- ACE protections tab: shows any explicit permissions, or Access Control Entries (ACEs), that have been directly applied to the selected ACT in order to protect it.
- HTML export: all of the information available in the ACT Reviewer can be easily exported in HTML format for documentation, audit and troubleshooting purposes.
- Security Test XML export: export test specifications in Metacoda Security Test XML format for use in the Testing Framework. Regular testing can be scheduled to automatically detect deviations from this baseline and trigger email alerts.
APPLICATIONSSAS Platform Administrators will find the ACT Reviewer useful to:
- Find out where ACTs have been used and how they have been applied.
- Maintain security by finding all ACTs not protected with access controls.
- Identify and remove empty or redundant ACTs.
- Ensure that ACTs refer only to groups by identifying and eradicating references to individual users.
- Easily document the ACTs within a metadata security plan. Then regularly verify the current implementation against that plan, identifying any changes or concerns.
LICENSING & EVALUATION
Although part of our Metacoda Security Plug-ins, the ACT Reviewer is available free to registered users. We offer three license package levels: Starter, Basic and Enterprise. Read our licensing page to find out which package is best for you.
Register today to:
- start using our free Metacoda Utility Plug-ins
- start using our free Metacoda Custom Tasks
- request a free 30 day evaluation license to trial our commercial software, Metacoda Security Plug-ins.
If you have any questions, please contact us.