- Improved Productivity
Work faster and complete tasks that were previously too difficult or time consuming.
- Adoption of Best Practices
Spot potential issues early on and work towards resolving them.
- Better Documentation, Testing and Auditing
Easily document and regularly test and review your SAS metadata security implementations.
Say goodbye to manual pen-and-paper methods and complex coding. Metacoda Security Plug-ins will save you time, with customers reporting that a 30-minute job became a 30-second task and a 3-day project was completed in less than an hour.
Here are some typical tasks we can speed up for you:
- Find troublesome Access Control Entries (ACEs): our ACE Reviewer allows you to quickly review ACE usage.
- See which folders and objects have an Access Control Templates (ACT) applied: our ACT Reviewer allows you to quickly review ACT usage.
- Identify all groups a user is a member of, whether through direct membership or indirect nested membership: our User Reviewer Groups tab provides this identity hierarchy information, also detecting and marking any groups with circular references.
- Find out the roles a user is a member of: our User Reviewer Roles tab provides this information, regardless of the level of group or role nesting.
- Identify the capabilities a user has been granted: our User Reviewer Capabilities tab provides this information, showing all of the paths by which they have acquired them, regardless of the level of nesting of groups and roles.
- Find out which logins a user can access: our User Reviewer Logins tab provides this information; including any shared logins from direct group membership as well as indirect nested group membership.
ADOPTION OF BEST PRACTICES
Metacoda Security Plug-ins provide recommended practice indicators that highlight potential issues for further investigation. This helps you to:
- Highlight potential issues with SAS Metadata Security: warning icons draw your attention to potential problems.
- Understand potential issues and recommend best practices: tooltips allow you understand potential problems and take appropriate action.
BETTER DOCUMENTATION, TESTING & AUDITING
It’s important to regularly review your SAS metadata security implementation and keep the documentation up to date. As this can be a time-intensive and error-prone exercise if done manually; it’s often not performed frequently enough.
Our plug-ins will help you to:
- Regularly update the documentation for your SAS Metadata Security Implementation: creating reports suitable for auditors or management by exporting your SAS metadata security information into HTML reports. These reports can be published to an intranet, emailed, or included in a Microsoft Word document.
- Monitor changes to your SAS Metadata Security Plan: take a snapshot of your work by exporting HTML reports. These can then be used to monitor changes and flag potential issues.
- Set up test plans to monitor SAS Metadata Security: our testing framework enables you to build or export a metadata security test plan and run it against one or more environments to verify an expected metadata security implementation. Test plans can also be scheduled to generate automated alerts when an implementation deviates from the plan. This helps you to ensure your metadata security remains intact over time.
LICENSING & EVALUATION
Register today to:
- start using our free Metacoda Utility Plug-ins
- start using our free Metacoda Custom Tasks
- request a free 30 day evaluation license to trial our commercial software, Metacoda Security Plug-ins.
If you have any questions, please contact us.