Metacoda Security Plug-ins: Protected Object Reviewer
The Protected Object Reviewer is one of the components included in our Metacoda Security Plug-ins software. This component provides comprehensive whole-of-server views for objects in your SAS® metadata security implementation that have been specifically protected with access controls such as Access Control Templates (ACTs) or Access Control Entries (ACEs).
You can use the Protected Object Reviewer to easily and efficiently review all of your protected objects: their locations and any ACTs and ACEs that have been applied to protect them.
Some of the common types of questions administrators ask, which are easily answered with the Protected Object Reviewer, include:
- “In the past our SAS metadata security has been managed in a very ad-hoc fashion using ACEs. Now that we know more about SAS metadata security, we would prefer to use a methodical approach based on ACTs. How do we find all of the objects that have been specifically protected with ACEs and ACTs so we can review those existing access controls, modifying, removing and/or replacing them with ACTs as appropriate?”
- “How do we find all of the SAS OLAP cube dimensions that have had OLAP member level security permission conditions applied in our SAS metadata?”
- “We have just finished a project to implement a new metadata security plan. How do we easily document the current implementation to verify against our plan. How do we document the implementation again at a later date to compare with the plan and see what has changed since the initial implementation?”
These are some of the major features in the Protected Object Reviewer:
- Objects Table: displays a list of all objects present in metadata that have been specifically protected through the application of ACTs and/or ACEs. Various columns provide details and indicators relating to object folder paths, access controls and permission conditions. The table can be customized by hiding or showing from the set of available table columns, re-ordering or re-sizing columns, and sorting rows by any of the available columns. The filter bar allows you to quickly find a specific protected object of interest.
- ACT Protections Tab: shows any Access Control Templates (ACTs) that have been directly applied to the selected object .
- ACE Protections Tab: shows any explicit permissions, or Access Control Entries (ACEs), that have been directly applied to the selected object.
- HTML Export: all of the information available in the Protected Object Reviewer can be easily exported in HTML format for documentation, audit and troubleshooting purposes.
Click on the thumbnails below to review full size screenshots of the Metacoda Security Plug-ins: Protected Object Reviewer.
For More Information…
If you’d like to find out more about the Protected Object Reviewer, or Metacoda Security Plug-ins in general, then please contact us with any further questions you might have. Additionally, you can also request a free one month evaluation license to try the software out for yourself with your own SAS metadata.