Metacoda Security Plug-ins
As a SAS® platform administrator, you are very aware that managing metadata security for SAS software is an important responsibility requiring a thorough knowledge of your security policy and its implementation. This is where Metacoda can help. We have software that allows administrators to get this information quickly and easily.
Metacoda Security Plug-ins can be installed into the SAS Management Console to help you manage, review, audit, troubleshoot and document metadata security for your SAS platform installation.
The following components are included in the product:
- ACT Reviewer: used to review the use of Access Control Templates (ACTs); how they have been defined, where they have been applied, and how they may have been protected.
- ACE Reviewer: used to review the use of Access Control Entries (ACEs); the objects they have been applied to, and the permissions they impart.
- User Reviewer: used to review users that have been defined in SAS metadata; their group identity hierarchy, their role memberships, the capabilities they have access to, all of their accessible logins, any associated internal logins, any ACTs and ACEs they participate in, any ACTs and ACEs that have been apply to protect them, and any external identities they may be associated with.
- Group Reviewer: used to review user groups that have been defined in SAS metadata; their members, their groups memberships, their role memberships, the capabilities they provide to their members, the shared logins they provide to their members, any ACTs and ACEs they participate in, any ACTs and ACEs that have been apply to protect them, and any external identities they may be associated with.
- Role Reviewer: used to review roles that have been defined in SAS metadata; their members, any other roles that they contribute capabilities to, any other roles that they receive capability contributions from, the capabilities they provide to their members, any ACTs and ACEs that have been apply to protect them, and any external identities they may be associated with.
- Capability Reviewer: used to review capabilities in SAS metadata; the roles that provide those capabilities and the members they provide those capabilities to, including all of the multiple membership and contribution paths.
- Protected Object Reviewer: used to review SAS metadata objects that have been explicitly protected through the use of ACTs and/or ACEs.
- Login Reviewer: used to review any logins stored in metadata that are accessible to the current user.
- Internal Login Reviewer: used to review any internal logins stored in metadata that are accessible to the current user.
- Identity Permissions Explorer: used to find a single identity (user or group) and review it’s effective permissions across multiple objects (folders, libraries, stored processes, reports etc.)
- Object Permissions Explorer: used to browse or search for a single object (folder, library, stored process, report etc.) and review the effective permissions on that object across multiple identities (users and/or groups).
- Metadata Explorer: an interface which allows for easy searching and browsing of technical SAS metadata.
Why Should I Use Metacoda Security Plug-ins?
We think Metacoda Security Plug-ins, fully supported by us with software updates and technical support, provides a cost effective solution to reviewing SAS metadata security for large and small organizations alike. Please visit our benefits page for more details on how Metacoda Security Plug-ins can help you.
Here are some quotes from people who have used our software:
SAS metadata security requires careful planning and execution. Metacoda Security Plug-ins, with it’s unique birds-eye view, provide an ideal way to validate our security model once implemented. As we evolve our security model it’s comforting to know that we can get an instant overview of the results.Ivor Moan, Verivox GmbH.
Metacoda Security Plug-Ins empower SAS BI Administrators in the effortless way they can help carry out routine security checks. I have used the software with SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2 and found it indispensable even for seasoned SAS administrators. The Role and Capability Reviewers, in particular, are a great value-add, as they provide an easy and visual way to manage and implement complex EBI security.Ronan Martorell, France
If you’d like to see how some of our customers are using our software, and what they have to say about it, see our testimonials and case studies page.
For More Information…
Our system requirements page provides more information about what you need to use our Metacoda Security Plug-ins software.
Our licensing page explains the various classes of licenses that are available.
If you’d like to try the software for yourself, using your own SAS metadata, you can register to download the free plug-ins (ACT Reviewer and Metadata Explorer) and also request an evaluation license for full access to all of the plug-ins for one month.
For any other questions about Metacoda and our software please send us a message.