Metacoda Plug-ins 3.0
Version 3.0 of our Metacoda Plug-ins software is now available for use with SAS® software versions 9.3 and 9.2. We recommend all existing users of Metacoda Plug-ins 2.0 upgrade to 3.0. Metacoda Plug-ins version 1.0 is still available for those still using SAS software version 9.1.3.
|Metacoda Plug-ins||SAS 9.3||SAS 9.2||SAS 9.1.3 SP4|
Some of the most significant improvements in Metacoda Plug-ins 3.0 include:
- New Identity Permissions Explorer to easily and efficiently see what level of access an individual has across multiple objects in your SAS metadata repository: libraries, tables, cubes, folders, information maps, reports, stored processes etc.
- New Object Permissions Explorer to browse or search for an object and then see the effective permissions on it for multiple users and groups.
- New Access Level Badges and Labels to present a simplified summary of effective permissions for an identity on an object. Access Level Badges and Labels can be sorted so you can readily see who has the highest/lowest level of access on an object, or which objects an individual has the highest/lowest level of access to.
- Enhanced User, Group, and Login Reviewers, including a new password indicator column allowing an administrator to easily see which logins have passwords stored in metadata (without actually seeing the password).
- New Metadata Explorer for administrators and metadata programmers to readily search for metadata objects and then browse the object’s attributes and any of its associated objects. Simple searches can be done very easily, and advanced searches are available when necessary.
- The new Metadata Explorer, together with the existing ACT Reviewer, are now available at no cost to registered users.
For a more in-depth discussion, Metacoda’s Paul Homes has previously blogged about some of these new features in a few of his PlatformAdmin.com blog posts:
- Metacoda’s Metadata Explorer Plug-in
- Sneak Peek at our new Effective Permissions Explorers
- Login Reviewer: Finding Accounts with Stored Passwords
If you’d like to find out more about Metacoda Plug-ins please contact us. You can also register to download the free plug-ins and even get a one month evaluation license to try out the rest of the plug-ins with your own SAS metadata.