Metacoda Security Plug-ins: Login Reviewer
The Login Reviewer is one of the components included in our Metacoda Security Plug-ins software. This component provides comprehensive whole-of-server views for logins in your SAS® metadata security implementation.
You can use the Login Reviewer to easily and efficiently review all of the logins stored in metadata, including inbound and outbound logins, private logins for individual users as well as shared logins on groups for their members.
Some of the common types of questions administrators ask, which are easily answered with the Login Reviewer, include:
- “We can’t add a login for a specific user or group because it is already present in metadata. How do we found out which identity is already associated with the login we are trying to add?“
- “How can we quickly see all of the logins present in metadata in one view so we can readily spot problems like missing or incorrect domain qualifiers on user ids, incorrect authentication domains etc?”
- “How do we find and review all of the shared group logins present in metadata?”
- “How do we easily document the current state of login usage so that we can refer back to it at a later date if things change?”
These are some of the major features in the Login Reviewer:
- Logins Table: displays a list of all non-internal logins/accounts registered in metadata including information such as user ids, associated authentication domains, and associated user and group identities for those logins. The table can be customized by hiding or showing from the set of available table columns, re-ordering or re-sizing columns, and sorting rows by any of the available columns. The filter bar allows you to quickly find a specific login/account of interest.
- HTML Export: all of the information available in the Login Reviewer can be easily exported in HTML format for documentation, audit and troubleshooting purposes.
Click on a thumbnail below to view a full size screenshot of the Metacoda Security Plug-ins: Login Reviewer.
For More Information…
If you’d like to find out more about the Login Reviewer, or Metacoda Security Plug-ins in general, then please contact us with any further questions you might have. Additionally, you can also request a free one month evaluation license to try the software out for yourself with your own SAS metadata.